PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:31 pm 
Blazedd
level4.png
Global Moderator 250 posts +
Show user details
Male Plays Gmod Plays Minecraft
Unknown Unknown
2 people like this: HatSlendy
I'm making this an announcement for the Minecraft server for at least a few days.

There has been a lot of stealing in the roleplay, to the point that players aren't even playing, but are only stealing from other players. We've had a few players stop playing all together because of the theives. I've added an additional rule to the server that states that Thieves can only attack any given player once every 12 hours. EVEN IF YOU FAILED, you cannot return for 12 hours. Additionally we've had players steal from banned players or players they thought to be banned. This is still against the rules as the player isn't online. Reasoning is that the player may come back, the ban may have been a mistake, ect. If the player isn't online DO NOT STEAL FROM THEM.

EDIT:
There have been extra questions in regards to the players that share homes or bases with other players. As long as you have signs on your room or house you don't have to worry about being stolen from. Sharing a home means that you AND the other player(s) you live with have to defend it while they are online. This means you need to have your own room or building if you expect your things to be there when you return.

EDIT #2:
I figured I wouldn't have to cover this, but Minecraft isn't DarkRP. You can't just place bounties on people and go kill them for that reason. It's still RDM. The target player and the assassin have no realistic reason to fight and typically the target has zero chance in these fights. The rules have never legalized this and it won't start now. Players that have been mass RDMing or telling players that it's acceptable will be temp banned accordingly.

If stealing continues to be a problem we will remove it from roleplay and start banning players that do steal.

Last edited by blazedd on Sun May 13, 2012 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile Chat  
O.P  
United States Slendy
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:46 pm 
Titan
level4.png
500 posts +
Show user details
Female Plays Gmod Plays Minecraft
Unknown Unknown
Thanks for clarifying this Blazedd, especially the 'banned player' part.

TITAN from old rules wrote:
If someone is permabanned, their stuff is fair game

^-- Once again, as Blazedd said, the rule above is NO LONGER IN EFFECT, regardless of what you hear from other members, unless otherwise posted at a later date, guys. In other words, even if you hear the person is perma'd, or know that the person is perma'd, don't steal from them. No exceptions.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗
 Profile Chat  

United States blazedd
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:43 pm 
Blazedd
level4.png
Show user details
Unknown Unknown
One of the players that was recently banned was banned because he "thought the victom was permbanned".

Profile Chat  
O.P  
United Kingdom Cave_Johnsen
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:04 pm 
respected.png
250 posts +
Show user details
Unknown Unknown
blazedd wrote:
One of the players that was recently banned was banned because he "thought the victom was permbanned".

Actually I was misinformed that the player was perma banned, in any case I apologised to you in a pm to which I got no response.
But this causes a problem with what if they are taking up space and they get p-banned? The person in question took up quite a bit of space in my tower and the space of where I can put rooms in is rather limited to where I've built it.

EDIT: I'd also like to ask for clarification as in how thieves get in and access a victims goods. Also I'd like to mention that 2 people were driven off the rp server thanks to thieves constantly pounding on thier settlement and that most people on the server consist of thieves. To me thieves are just lazy people who cannot be bothered to rp for stuff. Such things exist as trade and hiring people to mine stuff.

Last edited by Cave_Johnsen on Tue May 08, 2012 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Chat  

United Kingdom Westi
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:07 pm 
Banned
respected.png
750 posts +
Show user details
Unknown Unknown

CURRENTLY SERVER BANNED
1 person liked this: Cave_Johnsen
What about a time limit on a perma ban before their items are up for grabs? Say we have a waiting time, about a week perhaps, to ensure it wasn't an unjust ban.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:15 pm 
respected.png
250 posts +
Show user details
Unknown Unknown
Westi wrote:
What about a time limit on a perma ban before their items are up for grabs? Say we have a waiting time, about a week perhaps, to ensure it wasn't an unjust ban.

Yeah, this is a good idea. Although what happens if it turns out to be an unjust ban after everyone has taken thier stuff. Do we have to give it all back? Even if we've crafted it into other items. I wouldn't like to think, hypotheticly speaking, if someone got banned with diamonds and we got to be able to take them and I turn it into a full diamond armour with max enchantments, I'd be very reluctent to give it back if they got unbanned.

Profile Chat  

United Kingdom Westi
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:18 pm 
Banned
respected.png
750 posts +
Show user details
Unknown Unknown

CURRENTLY SERVER BANNED
1 person liked this: Cave_Johnsen
Maybe someone could take note of all their items just incase?

United Kingdom gamegod1
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:20 pm 
respected.png
Show user details
Unknown Unknown
best thing to do they get banned once there ban is up they are given *_______* to register that they are still on

Profile Chat  

United States Slendy
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:21 pm 
Titan
level4.png
500 posts +
Show user details
Unknown Unknown
Westi wrote:

Taking note of their items isn't needed, we have logs which keeps that information.

As for the "time limit" idea, i'll talk with Blazedd and Cherry, and we'll see what we want to do with that. I think it should be alright, but we'll see.

Profile Chat  

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:24 pm 
respected.png
250 posts +
Show user details
Unknown Unknown
Westi wrote:

What if people lose said items through dieing, burning, crafting them, etc?

@Titan So far logs seem to not be proving anything, for instance they couldn't prove I even took things out of his chest even though I did, well at least when blonde inspected them afterwords. Logs seem to be unreliable and I support them being written down somewhere.

Last edited by Cave_Johnsen on Tue May 08, 2012 8:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile Chat  

United States Slendy
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:32 pm 
Titan
level4.png
500 posts +
Show user details
Unknown Unknown
Cave_Johnsen wrote:
Westi wrote:

What if people lose said items through dieing, burning, crafting them, etc?

Titan So far logs seem to not be proving anything, for instance they couldn't prove I even took things out of his chest even though I did, well at least when blonde inspected them afterwords. Logs seem to be unreliable and I support them being written down somewhere.

Sometimes the logs bug out a little.

Writing them down somewhere? You go type me up a list of the MANY people banned, their username, their chests, their other placed blocks, the coords of each individual chest so we know its theirs, the items in each chest, how many of each item, and how many stacks of each of those items there are, who else has access to the base aka guild or clan members, and so on.

How about no. :p I might take it up if Cherry/Blazedd thinks its needed, but until then, not happening.

Profile Chat  

United Kingdom mod7788
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:42 pm 
Mod7788
level4.png
Featured Articles: 1 500 posts +
Show user details
Unknown Unknown

CURRENTLY SERVER BANNED
If someone steals from someone in a faction, the thief can still steal from other people inside that faction, right? When does stealing from one person become raiding an entire faction?

Profile Chat  

United States blazedd
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:23 pm 
Blazedd
level4.png
Show user details
Unknown Unknown
mod7788 wrote:
If someone steals from someone in a faction, the thief can still steal from other people inside that faction, right? When does stealing from one person become raiding an entire faction?

I'm not quite sure what your asking.

Profile Chat  
O.P  
United Kingdom mod7788
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:34 pm 
Mod7788
level4.png
Featured Articles: 1 500 posts +
Show user details
Unknown Unknown

CURRENTLY SERVER BANNED
Say for example someone broke into Stonecrest, stole from me and left. I'd count that was stealing, just from me.

Say someone broke into Stonecrest, stole from me and you. Would that still count as stealing from just us or the whole faction?

Say someone broke into Stonecrest, stole from everyone but two people. Could the thief steal from the remaining two people before 12 hours have passed?

Rading = Stealing from an entire faction
Stealing = Stealing from one person

I'd like to know where the line is drawn between raiding and stealing, because someone asked me today.

Profile Chat  

United States blazedd
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:58 pm 
Blazedd
level4.png
Show user details
Unknown Unknown
Added a new edit regarding the Assassin's RDMing.

Profile Chat  
O.P  
United States Mr Grey
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:36 pm 
respected.png
100 posts +
Show user details
Unknown Unknown
I'd also like to ask for clarification as in how thieves get in and access a victims goods. Also I'd like to mention that 2 people were driven off the rp server thanks to thieves constantly pounding on thier settlement and that most people on the server consist of thieves. To me thieves are just lazy people who cannot be bothered to rp for stuff. Such things exist as trade and hiring people to mine stuff.[/quote]

This to me is a reason why you need Assassins/mercenaries in the server.

Profile Chat  

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ]