United States Derpington Steele
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:50 pm 
respected.png
250 posts +
Show user details
Male Plays Gmod Plays Minecraft
Unknown Unknown
Max978 wrote:
I completely agree we have to think positive and start acting positive.

Moderated by "Wooden Trout"
The fuck does that image have to do with anything? Warned.

You post that you agree we should all follow the rules, and then post a picture that breaks one of dem rules?
Facepalm.jpg

United States Dreadlordfrips
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:07 am 
respected.png
Show user details
Male Plays Gmod
Unknown Unknown
1 person liked this: Cave_Johnsen
I personally think it is very hard to make logic out of this situation. I myself think the server needs some dusting off here and there to get back to its once great roots. I don't think the server is bad at all at this time. But I think in the past it was even better. I agree with Cherry for saying anyone who thinks it is dying to leave, because that "IS" that point of view that is bringing the server down from it's once great status. On the note of the server having a change up... I think it would be great along with everyone else to have some new jobs maybe new skins a new home set map just to spice it up make people want to come in and explore again not just run to the same old buildings buy the doors and farm cash. But I also believe we need a lot more then just some job changing and what not. We could use some changes in the administrative ranks as well. There are many complaints about Admins some which I can admit are 100% caused by raged and being caught. I myself am not above being overly strict when my personal mood is down in the dumps. I think any human being can admit to that. But with that said there are a lot of admins who really do abuse, names that are not for this thread here and that have already been brought to everyone's attention. I think with the bit of spice we need throughout the job system and what not and the changes for administrative rights and who holds them, the server can be that much better again. But Cherry's point he made about being busy I can imagine is very true. Most the server are kids, I personally am not. So I can vouch that with age comes a lot of responsibility. Not the type you see in movies but real stuff. Working, caring for your loved ones and just managing your life. So cherry can not be blamed for anyone saying he does not take time to post here and join the servers and have a bash. People are busy that's why we have level 4's. I think that us as a server and a community, people who know each other by name each others age what they do and many things about them need to band together. It does not matter if you're a guest respected or the owner himself. It's a joint effort half of the issues are from people, trolls, rdmers, nlr breakers... etc. Post your ideas make the server great again and don't be afraid to speak your mind, unless your mind is only full of random insults and disrespectful words for the administrative staff. So let's all pitch in and do something.

P.S Sorry for this being long winded. I just feel we can do so much better as a team then what we are doing right now.

Profile Chat  

United States Acewolf
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:11 pm 
level4.png
500 posts +
Show user details
Male Plays Gmod
Unknown Unknown
Dreadlordfrips wrote:
I personally think it is very hard to make logic out of this situation. I myself think the server needs some dusting off here and there to get back to its once great roots. I don't think the server is bad at all at this time. But I think in the past it was even better. I agree with Cherry for saying anyone who thinks it is dying to leave, because that "IS" that point of view that is bringing the server down from it's once great status. On the note of the server having a change up... I think it would be great along with everyone else to have some new jobs maybe new skins a new home set map just to spice it up make people want to come in and explore again not just run to the same old buildings buy the doors and farm cash. But I also believe we need a lot more then just some job changing and what not. We could use some changes in the administrative ranks as well. There are many complaints about Admins some which I can admit are 100% caused by raged and being caught. I myself am not above being overly strict when my personal mood is down in the dumps. I think any human being can admit to that. But with that said there are a lot of admins who really do abuse, names that are not for this thread here and that have already been brought to everyone's attention. I think with the bit of spice we need throughout the job system and what not and the changes for administrative rights and who holds them, the server can be that much better again. But Cherry's point he made about being busy I can imagine is very true. Most the server are kids, I personally am not. So I can vouch that with age comes a lot of responsibility. Not the type you see in movies but real stuff. Working, caring for your loved ones and just managing your life. So cherry can not be blamed for anyone saying he does not take time to post here and join the servers and have a bash. People are busy that's why we have level 4's. I think that us as a server and a community, people who know each other by name each others age what they do and many things about them need to band together. It does not matter if you're a guest respected or the owner himself. It's a joint effort half of the issues are from people, trolls, rdmers, nlr breakers... etc. Post your ideas make the server great again and don't be afraid to speak your mind, unless your mind is only full of random insults and disrespectful words for the administrative staff. So let's all pitch in and do something.

P.S Sorry for this being long winded. I just feel we can do so much better as a team then what we are doing right now.

Thank you for being one of the first people to tell us some problems and give us at least a direction for solutions. And I am sure I speak for all our staff when I thank you for the kind words towards us. :D

United Kingdom Cave_Johnsen
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:10 pm 
respected.png
250 posts +
Show user details
Unknown Unknown
On acewolf's point, I think a good way forward might be to open a suggestions thread for suggestions towards the server in general and not the gmod servers. Or maybe a suggestions thread for both of them. And this time lets not say the same things and things that will almost never be put in.

Mantis, though very good as it is, is not very good for suggestions as the Forum itself allows for public opinion on the suggestion. Mantis is good for Bug reporting, but its ease of access is a little bit off, so a suggestion thread is an optimal idea.

Could I get Dellkan or Cherry 's opinion?

Last edited by Cave_Johnsen on Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile Chat  

Canada The Great One
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:41 pm 
respected.png
Show user details
Unknown Unknown
Am i the only person who reads these threads and just facepalms at the drama? Life is too short to waste on shit like that. just enjoy what you have, play the game, and most of all, don't let emotions cloud your vision. As Ultra posted, be patient. The community is far from dead. i still return every day, i don't cry about every single rule someone breaks, but will report anything that causes problems. I'm not perfect, nobody is. But i try to do what i can. If people who were pissed off stopped and thought before raging and posting like an angry 5th grader, the community's reputation would most likely increase.
However, the fact that some people are just like that and we can't make them change, means only this, the community will not last forever, but that day is not going to rear it's head for a long time. so why don't we just make do with what we have?
If you don't like how Cherry runs things, you are entitled to your opinion, we don't have to agree with it, and YOU don't have to stay. As many have said before, Grow, The fuck, Up.

Last edited by The Great One on Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Page 4 of 4 [ 65 posts ] 

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4