TOOLBOX
Bienvenue, Guest
Register Login
Servers

Sammy Servers Public Servers

It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:07 am




 Page 2 of 2 [ 36 posts ] 

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Author Message
United States _Gunz
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:30 pm 
Banned
respected.png
User avatar
Featured Articles: 1 250 posts +
Show user details
Male Plays Gmod Plays Minecraft
Unknown Unknown
Posts: 343

CURRENTLY SERVER BANNED
Gunz wrote:
I've noticed a trend. Experienced admins are believing they are above reading my first post, and this is proven by 1) their lower scores, 2) that I've gotten three tests PMed to me without reasoning for yes or no provided, and 3) it's been admitted to me that a person didn't read the first post, because they thought it would be easy. Do you think Cherry and Pink have the experience in dealing with the RP rules as most level 4s do? They don't. They scored well because they read my explanation on my rule and comprehended what I wrote.

If NLR was widely-understood, I wouldn't have felt the need to create this thread at all. I am not using this thread so I can judge you all. This thread is for your benefit. What we need is a solid, clear definition of what NLR is, and that's not going to go anywhere if you insist on clinging to your egos and thinking you know best.

Forget everything you thought you knew prior to reading my first post, and read it again. If you disagree with any part of it, bring it up with me. So far, no one has.

You might ask what makes me fit to define the rule this way. It's simple: No one has sat down and deliberated through every stipulation of the rule as I have.

I'm kind of disappointed.

O.P. wrote:
NLR is the most misunderstood rule, by player and admin, alike. I hope to both enlighten you and gauge the average comprehension of the rule



________________
Gunz on Xfire

Religion is the cancer of society.

Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama
Ippen...shindemiru?
Offline
 Profile Chat  
 
United States Zac
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:29 pm 
Member
respected.png
User avatar
250 posts +
Show user details
Male Plays Gmod Plays Minecraft
Unknown Unknown
Posts: 302
I agree with gunz on this one. Wouldn't if you send an advert after the former cp become a gangster than raiding wouldn't be against NLR. Because the gangster "heard"/read the advert in his new life thus as a gangster would have an RP reason to try and raid.


Offline
 Profile Chat  
 
United States Wooden Trout
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:33 pm 
Wooden Trout
level4.png
User avatar
Featured Articles: 2 500 posts +
Show user details
Male Plays Gmod Plays Minecraft
Unknown Unknown
Posts: 527

CURRENTLY SERVER BANNED
Zac wrote:
I agree with gunz on this one. Wouldn't if you send an advert after the former cp become a gangster than raiding wouldn't be against NLR. Because the gangster "heard"/read the advert in his new life thus as a gangster would have an RP reason to try and raid.

The MOTD wrote:
After you die, you are not allowed to return to the place of your death (or anywhere near it) for at least THREE minutes.


That would be great, but there's a part in the MOTD specifically saying that you may not return to your place of death for 3 minutes. I wouldn't think a change of class would nullify that portion of the rule.



________________
Yui Hirasawa: SUNBLOCK COMES FROM BLACK PEOPLE
Gunz: SUNBLOCK IS ZEBRA BUM
Gunz: CUM
Wooden Trout: BUM CUM?
Wooden Trout: GAY
Gunz: YES
Gunz: VERY GAY ZEBRA BUM CUM

Image
Offline
 Profile Chat  
 
United States _Gunz
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:35 pm 
Banned
respected.png
User avatar
Featured Articles: 1 250 posts +
Show user details
Male Plays Gmod Plays Minecraft
Unknown Unknown
Posts: 343

CURRENTLY SERVER BANNED
My point was: if you are using current-life knowledge, and if you are not continuously raiding as a CP or a gangster (so as to create an infinite army), why should you be barred from participating in the raid?


Last edited by _Gunz on Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.


________________
Gunz on Xfire

Religion is the cancer of society.

Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama
Ippen...shindemiru?
Offline
 Profile Chat  
 
United States Wooden Trout
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:39 pm 
Wooden Trout
level4.png
User avatar
Featured Articles: 2 500 posts +
Show user details
Male Plays Gmod Plays Minecraft
Unknown Unknown
Posts: 527

CURRENTLY SERVER BANNED
_Gunz wrote:
My point was: if you are using current-life knowledge, and if you are not continuously raiding as a CP or a gangster (so as to create an infinite army), why should you be barred from participating in the raid?

Raiding the same place twice within 3 minutes seems like continuously raiding a place to me. I realize that this raid probably would have happened anyway, but what's stopping him form alternating CP and Gangster, and just raiding the same shop/house over and over all day?



________________
Yui Hirasawa: SUNBLOCK COMES FROM BLACK PEOPLE
Gunz: SUNBLOCK IS ZEBRA BUM
Gunz: CUM
Wooden Trout: BUM CUM?
Wooden Trout: GAY
Gunz: YES
Gunz: VERY GAY ZEBRA BUM CUM

Image
Offline
 Profile Chat  
 
United States Zac
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:42 pm 
Member
respected.png
User avatar
250 posts +
Show user details
Male Plays Gmod Plays Minecraft
Unknown Unknown
Posts: 302
Wooden Trout wrote:
_Gunz wrote:
My point was: if you are using current-life knowledge, and if you are not continuously raiding as a CP or a gangster (so as to create an infinite army), why should you be barred from participating in the raid?

Raiding the same place twice within 3 minutes seems like continuously raiding a place to me. I realize that this raid probably would have happened anyway, but what's stopping him form alternating CP and Gangster, and just raiding the same shop/house over and over all day?


How would he have knowledge that there is anything illegal(as CP) or valuable(as gangster), if he keep changing.

edit: my first post was mainly to say that if you have a valid RP reason to be there in that life, as well as your not stopping someone from raiding you because isn't that the reason for NLR is to give gangster/CP, a chance to get your stuff, if you died for a RP reason.


Last edited by Zac on Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline
 Profile Chat  
 
United States Wooden Trout
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:45 pm 
Wooden Trout
level4.png
User avatar
Featured Articles: 2 500 posts +
Show user details
Male Plays Gmod Plays Minecraft
Unknown Unknown
Posts: 527

CURRENTLY SERVER BANNED
Zac wrote:
Wooden Trout wrote:
_Gunz wrote:
My point was: if you are using current-life knowledge, and if you are not continuously raiding as a CP or a gangster (so as to create an infinite army), why should you be barred from participating in the raid?

Raiding the same place twice within 3 minutes seems like continuously raiding a place to me. I realize that this raid probably would have happened anyway, but what's stopping him form alternating CP and Gangster, and just raiding the same shop/house over and over all day?


How would he have knowledge that there is anything illegal(as CP) or valuable(as gangster), if he keep changing.

What stops him from claiming it was by chance as a Gangster, or claiming that he got a report or witnessed illegal things as a CP? It's happened before.



________________
Yui Hirasawa: SUNBLOCK COMES FROM BLACK PEOPLE
Gunz: SUNBLOCK IS ZEBRA BUM
Gunz: CUM
Wooden Trout: BUM CUM?
Wooden Trout: GAY
Gunz: YES
Gunz: VERY GAY ZEBRA BUM CUM

Image
Offline
 Profile Chat  
 
United States _Gunz
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:46 pm 
Banned
respected.png
User avatar
Featured Articles: 1 250 posts +
Show user details
Male Plays Gmod Plays Minecraft
Unknown Unknown
Posts: 343

CURRENTLY SERVER BANNED
The other condition was that you have to be using current-life knowledge. Meaning, you can't be the one who gives a tip about illegal things, nor can you be the one who initiates the raid.



________________
Gunz on Xfire

Religion is the cancer of society.

Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama
Ippen...shindemiru?
Offline
 Profile Chat  
 
United States Wooden Trout
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:48 pm 
Wooden Trout
level4.png
User avatar
Featured Articles: 2 500 posts +
Show user details
Male Plays Gmod Plays Minecraft
Unknown Unknown
Posts: 527

CURRENTLY SERVER BANNED
_Gunz wrote:
The other condition was that you have to be using current-life knowledge. Meaning, you can't be the one who gives a tip about illegal things, nor can you be the one who initiates the raid.

You don't have to be the one who initiates the raid to be breaking NLR by coming back. My point is that one extra guy could mean the entire difference in the success of the raid, which isn't fair, if he's not even supposed to be there.



________________
Yui Hirasawa: SUNBLOCK COMES FROM BLACK PEOPLE
Gunz: SUNBLOCK IS ZEBRA BUM
Gunz: CUM
Wooden Trout: BUM CUM?
Wooden Trout: GAY
Gunz: YES
Gunz: VERY GAY ZEBRA BUM CUM

Image
Offline
 Profile Chat  
 
United States _Gunz
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:55 pm 
Banned
respected.png
User avatar
Featured Articles: 1 250 posts +
Show user details
Male Plays Gmod Plays Minecraft
Unknown Unknown
Posts: 343

CURRENTLY SERVER BANNED
When debating about how a rule should work, using the current rule without further explanation as the basis for your argument defeats the purpose.



________________
Gunz on Xfire

Religion is the cancer of society.

Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama
Ippen...shindemiru?
Offline
 Profile Chat  
 
United States Wooden Trout
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:09 pm 
Wooden Trout
level4.png
User avatar
Featured Articles: 2 500 posts +
Show user details
Male Plays Gmod Plays Minecraft
Unknown Unknown
Posts: 527

CURRENTLY SERVER BANNED
_Gunz wrote:
When debating about how a rule should work, using the current rule without further explanation as the basis for your argument defeats the purpose.

What I'm saying is "Without the rule currently in place being there, raiding would be very easily abused". Very little is stopping the same few people from raiding the same place over and over again without being restricted from going there for a time.



________________
Yui Hirasawa: SUNBLOCK COMES FROM BLACK PEOPLE
Gunz: SUNBLOCK IS ZEBRA BUM
Gunz: CUM
Wooden Trout: BUM CUM?
Wooden Trout: GAY
Gunz: YES
Gunz: VERY GAY ZEBRA BUM CUM

Image
Offline
 Profile Chat  
 
United States _Gunz
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:11 pm 
Banned
respected.png
User avatar
Featured Articles: 1 250 posts +
Show user details
Male Plays Gmod Plays Minecraft
Unknown Unknown
Posts: 343

CURRENTLY SERVER BANNED
Aside from changing jobs removing any weapons you have. If it happens more than once, you can assume they're abusing the system, but I've never seen it happen even once.



________________
Gunz on Xfire

Religion is the cancer of society.

Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama
Ippen...shindemiru?
Offline
 Profile Chat  
 
United States Wooden Trout
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:20 pm 
Wooden Trout
level4.png
User avatar
Featured Articles: 2 500 posts +
Show user details
Male Plays Gmod Plays Minecraft
Unknown Unknown
Posts: 527

CURRENTLY SERVER BANNED
_Gunz wrote:
Aside from changing jobs removing any weapons you have. If it happens more than once, you can assume they're abusing the system, but I've never seen it happen even once.

I can't tell if you're agreeing with the rule, disputing the rule, or saying the rule should only count sometimes. Even without changing jobs, all you really need is 3 friends.

Scenario:
Buy a stockpile of weaponry
Person 1: Hey, let's raid Bob's gunshop.
Person 2 raids the gunshop with Person 1.
They fail, and both of them die.
Person 3 decides to scope out Bob's gunshop, since his teammates never returned.
Person 3: Hey, Person 1, let's raid Bob's gunshop.
Person 1 assists Person 3 in the raid.

This can continue, alternating each one of them initiating the raid and getting weapons from their stockpile, since no one is using previous life knowledge. If Person 1 and 2 aren't allowed to accompany Person 3 to the vicinity, this problem is non-existent.


Last edited by Wooden Trout on Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.


________________
Yui Hirasawa: SUNBLOCK COMES FROM BLACK PEOPLE
Gunz: SUNBLOCK IS ZEBRA BUM
Gunz: CUM
Wooden Trout: BUM CUM?
Wooden Trout: GAY
Gunz: YES
Gunz: VERY GAY ZEBRA BUM CUM

Image
Offline
 Profile Chat  
 
United States _Gunz
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:27 pm 
Banned
respected.png
User avatar
Featured Articles: 1 250 posts +
Show user details
Male Plays Gmod Plays Minecraft
Unknown Unknown
Posts: 343

CURRENTLY SERVER BANNED
Without changing jobs, you're breaking the part of the rule about infinitely raiding someone.

I'm saying if you die in a raid, decide to be a gangster, and the gangsters are about to do a raid at the same place, why should you be barred? You have a legitimate RP reason and you aren't using previous-life knowledge. If this somehow becomes an issue on the server, I could agree with disallowing it outright.



________________
Gunz on Xfire

Religion is the cancer of society.

Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama
Ippen...shindemiru?
Offline
 Profile Chat  
 
United States Wooden Trout
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:38 pm 
Wooden Trout
level4.png
User avatar
Featured Articles: 2 500 posts +
Show user details
Male Plays Gmod Plays Minecraft
Unknown Unknown
Posts: 527

CURRENTLY SERVER BANNED
_Gunz wrote:
Without changing jobs, you're breaking the part of the rule about infinitely raiding someone.

I'm saying if you die in a raid, decide to be a gangster, and the gangsters are about to do a raid at the same place, why should you be barred? You have a legitimate RP reason and you aren't using previous-life knowledge. If this somehow becomes an issue on the server, I could agree with disallowing it outright.

But it already is disallowed outright. That's what I'm saying.



________________
Yui Hirasawa: SUNBLOCK COMES FROM BLACK PEOPLE
Gunz: SUNBLOCK IS ZEBRA BUM
Gunz: CUM
Wooden Trout: BUM CUM?
Wooden Trout: GAY
Gunz: YES
Gunz: VERY GAY ZEBRA BUM CUM

Image
Offline
 Profile Chat  
 
United States _Gunz
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:42 pm 
Banned
respected.png
User avatar
Featured Articles: 1 250 posts +
Show user details
Male Plays Gmod Plays Minecraft
Unknown Unknown
Posts: 343

CURRENTLY SERVER BANNED
And justifying a change or alteration to a rule with the current rule is logical fallacy.



________________
Gunz on Xfire

Religion is the cancer of society.

Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama
Ippen...shindemiru?
Offline
 Profile Chat  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2 [ 36 posts ] 

Go to page Previous  1, 2




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

cron