United States Ultra Lulz
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:11 am 
Ultra Lulz
level4.png
Featured Articles: 2 2000 posts +
Show user details
Female Plays Gmod Plays Minecraft
Unknown Unknown
11 people like this: c00terCherryChicksawChris HansoncoppertjHatHelios ArcosUberdude9001Wooden TroutZeaphyre and one more user
Tips on how to get you respected!
Featured by Ultra Lulz

Introduction
Good morning/afternoon/evening members of this community, this article is for people who want respected, and aren't sure how to get it, and what requirements are needed for respected. This will help you, and if you are confused about anything, don't hesitate to come to me! I'm the person who handles all respected applications, and I would be more than happy to help you know the ins and outs of respected, and how to get such rank. Lets start.

What is Respected?
Respected is a rank SS has on both of our GMOD servers, Dark RP, and now recently given to Fretta, which is called "VIP." This rank gives you many boosts above the average guest. Respected(or VIP), makes things a bit easier and you get more things.

How do I acquire respected?
To get respected, you must go through a bit of steps to be accepted, or else, you'll be rejected.

Step 1: Tie your forum account to your STEAMID so you'll have your space filled automatically in the respected application form. We've done this for you already, so don't fret!

Step 2: Make sure your playedtime is in the space. Since your STEAMID is tied to the forum, your timeplayed should be there already!

Step 3: Click "Respected Application" in the upper right hand corner below the search bar. Then compile an HONEST, and GOOD reason to why you deserve respected. This should at LEAST be 1 paragraph long (i.e 5 sentences.) An application that lacks effort, or a reason to why you deserve respected, will most likely get negative votes from the admins here on SS. So please, try your best and give us a good reason to why you think you deserve this rank, as it is "special" and above others. If you really can't find application form, here is the URL: application.php .

Step 4: Hope for the best! If you get rejected, look into your application, and try to find a reason to why you didn't get it. Also, take the admins advice, and if they say "you really don't have a good reason to have respected try again with more reason", then take that advice! We encourage you to make a good application, and we hope you get accepted. If you get accepted, then have fun, and enjoy the benefits respected gives you! Once in game, you need to type /ranktest for your respected to be activated fully. Our ranktest varies for each server, if you go onto Fretta, you'll get questions concerning Fretta, and as for RP, you'll get questions concerning RP. Remember, you must get 14/15 every month in order to activate your respected rank.

What are the boosts of being respected?
DARK RP: On the Dark RP, respected gives you many things that will help you in gameplay. You will get many tools, such as text screen, and many other tools that will help you build your shops, homes, ect ect. You also get a higher proplimit than the guest, who has 15. Respected gets 20 props. Respected requires at least a day worth of play time, if you have about 22 or 23 hours of play time, we may give you more leniency, and if you write a good app, and don't have a days play time, we'll most likely cut you slack on the played time. (again, to get your played time, type /playedtime in chat.)

FRETTA: In Fretta, Respected are called "VIPs" who get many benefits from the average guest. Being respected will get you double money at the end of some gamemodes, for killing, and in random events that the server has. This also reduces the /respawn from 50 SS Dollars to 25 SS dollars.

How can I get my STEAMID?
You of course must link your forum account, THEREFORE your steamID will be tied to your account. So don't fret, we've already done this job for you!

Q & A / FAQ
Q: Where do I apply?
A: On the forums, click "Application form" on the upper right hand corner below the search bar.

Q: I was rejected, what do I do?
A: Find out what errors you made in your application & wait a week to re-apply.

Q: English isn't my first language, and my grammar is bad. What do I do?
A: Though our servers and board are English, we encourage you to try your best in your spelling and grammar.

Q: Can I post on respected applications if I'm respected?
A: No. Only admins may post/give their votes on an application. Posting in an respected application while you are not an admin will result in a forum warning.

Q: I can't pay for admin anymore, do I have to apply for respected?
A: No. Once demoted from admin, you will have automatic respected.

In conclusion:
Respected is a nice thing to have, and I encourage you guys to make a respected application. I look forward to seeing the new, and old players of this community to apply for respected, and become it. If you are rejected, that doesn't mean all hope is lost! You can try again, and hopefully get accepted. If you have any questions, look for me and I will not mind answering them. If their is a part of this you do not understand, speak with me and I'll help you as much as I can. Have a good day!

Last edited by Ultra Lulz on Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:14 am, edited 5 times in total.

Profile Chat  
O.P  
United Kingdom Pallal
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:25 pm 
Lead Bans Manager
level4.png
1000 posts +
Show user details
None specified
Unknown Unknown
You should add that they also now have to pass the /ranktest in order to get respected.

United Kingdom Cobra HJR
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:10 pm 
respected.png
Featured Articles: 1 1000 posts +
Show user details
Male Plays Gmod Plays Minecraft
Unknown Unknown
Pallal wrote:
You should add that they also now have to pass the /ranktest in order to get respected.

Respected doesn't appear unless you do the /ranktest. Just like A, SA or Level 4.

United States Mumbo
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:13 am 
respected.png
100 posts
Show user details
Unknown Unknown
I Know There Is A New Rank test And I Failed My First Try Even though i have already been A Respected for About A Month... i will Pass With fying Colors Next Go Around But Some Of The Questions Are Admin Realated.

Moderated by "battlefield1113"
Please Refrain From Talking Like This. This is your unrecorded warning, please read the forum rules before posting.

Ireland Oubliette
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:39 am 
Banned
guest.png
Show user details
Unknown Unknown

CURRENTLY SERVER BANNED
Awesome guide. I would apply, if only I could be bothered to download the maps :/

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]