Mod7788
level4.png
Featured Articles: 1 500 posts +
Show user details
Male Plays Gmod Plays Minecraft
Unknown Unknown

CURRENTLY SERVER BANNED
6 people like this: Based GodCobra HJRFrostMegellsUltra LulzYugoslavia

So, ever seen a command that you've not used because you have no idea what it does, or don't know how to use it? Then you've come to the right place. Here I will go through: how to use the commands, what the command does and when to use it.

RP Commands

For this, you will need to have a console open, you open that by pressing the key left to the "1", by default. However, first you need to go into Options>Advanced> and click the "developers console" box if you do not already have that clicked.

• rp_gag - used rp_gag "[NAME]" "[REASON]" - The victim of this cannot use keyboard chat, useful for spammers and people who disrespect others.
  • rp_canweapon - used rp_canweapon "[NAME]" "[REASON]" - The person cannot use weapons, useful for RDMers.
  • rp_arrest - used rp_arrest "[NAME]" "[TIME]" - Some people call this an "in-game ban". Very usefull, as it spawns them there, removes weapons and prop spawning ability. I normally use it for prop spammers.
  • rp_unarrest - used rp_unarrest [NAME] - You can unarrest people, just remember, trying to unarrest your self is logged.
  • rp_tell - used rp_tell "[NAME]" "[MESSAGE]" - Shows the "Listen up" message to that selected person.
  • rp_tellall - used rp_tellall "[MESSAGE]" - Useful for notifying people of things non-rp related.
  • rp_job - used rp_[JOB] "[NAME]" - used to force somebody into a job. Can be used to put people back in a randomly demoted job. Remember, forcing yourself into a single position job or a job that is full is extremely forbidden.

Spoiler: Names used for rp_job | Toggle

• rp_teamban - used rp_teamban "[NAME]" [JOB] - Used to ban someone from a job. e.x rp_teamban "Cherry" "admin" (trolololol).
  • rp_teamunban - used rp_teamunban "[NAME]" [JOB] - Again, useful for people who have been random demoted, but do not want to be put into that job.
  • rp_rename - used rp_rename "[NAME]" "[NEW NAME]" - Used this to change someone's name from "Nazi Hitler" to "Something not offensive". Very useful.
  • rp_CreateConsole - Used rp_CreateConsole - Used to cerate a /911 console. Only really needs to be used on new maps, or if someone accidentally deletes one.
  • rp_lookup - Used rp_lookup "[NAME]" - This gives their RP name, Steam name and Steam ID. ass_who is similar to this, exept shows everybody's RP name, Steam ID and rank.

Those are all the important RP Commands you need to know, there are other, but most people can't use them.

ASS Commands.

ASS commands are ones used it the ass_menu. You can bind this menu to a key by using: bind t +assmenu . I use "t", you can use any key you wish. ASS mod my also be referred to as "Delkan Mod" by some, as it basically is now.

• Kick - Used to kick a single person, this has a memory of previously used reasons.
  • Give Armor - Used to give someone suit power, not needed really.
  • Take Armor - Used to take away suit power, if they have no suit power, it will take away from their health.
  • Burn - Used to set someone on fire, taking health over time. If they die, it says they are killed by hell fire.
  • Clear Decals - Clears all decals (blood, poop, bugbait marks). Can help reduce FPS lag.
  • Crush - Crushes the selected person with a selected object in a list, ultimately killing them.
  • Explode - Explodes the selected person, can cause damage to others.
  • Freeze - Freezes the selected person. Prevents them from suiciding. Good for when talking to someone who has been naughty. (I bound mine to my middle mouse button, bind mouse3 "ass_freeze aim bind mouse4 "ass_unfreeze aim)
  • Unfreeze - Unfreezes a previously frozen person.
  • Gimp - Prevents the selected person from talking, replaces things the person says for such things as: "The admins own me", "Lamas are the best!" and such other things.
  • God - Gives the selected person immunity to damage.
  • Give Health - Gives the selected Health, the menu does not disappear after selecting an amount.
  • Take Health - Take health from the selected person, the menu does not disappear after selecting an amount.
  • Jail - Puts the selected person in a fence jail. They respawn inside the jail.
  • Kill - Kills the selected person.
  • Maul - Buffs the person health to around 250, and spawns Fast Zombies that kill that player and that player only.
  • Noclip - Allows/Disallows noclip on a group/person. I recommend not touching that command.
  • Ragdoll - Don't use this command, it's laggy.
  • Rocket - Launches the person in the air, then the fall back down and explode. This can damage others.
  • Slap - Slaps a selected person at a selected power level.
  • Speed - Makes the selected person considerably faster.
  • Stopsounds - Stops all sounds on the server. (e.g, if a sound is being looped, this will help you).
  • Bring to my target - Brings a selected person to your crossairs.
  • Bring to me - Brings a selected person behind you.
  • Teleport to - Teleports you behind someone.
  • Teleport to target - Same as bring to my target.
  • Train - Send a train after a selected person, ultimately killing them.
Starting a vote: Click "Start vote" select a question. Then click enter after typing each answer. After that, select a duration. Finally, click the "Create" button. NOTE - THIS IS NOT TO BE USED FOR RP PURPOSES.

Source Mod Commands

All of these command can be used in chat, instead of using "sm_" use a "!", e.g sm_pgag Bobby "Chat spammer" is in chat !pgag Bobby "Chat spammer". You must have proper SM permissions to use these, ask cherry over forum PM or Steam for access to SM after one month of admin.
NOTE - FOR ALL THESE COMMANDS, YOU MUST USE THE PLAYERS STEAM NAME/STEAM ID
  • !slay - used !slay "[NAME]" - Kills the player.
  • !slap - used !slap "[NAME]" [DAMGE] - Slaps the player, do not include the damage for no damage.
  • !kick - used !kick "[NAME]" "[REASON]" - Kicks the player from the server. Leave the reason black for "Kicked by server administrator" message.
  • !burn - used !burn "[NAME]" - Sets the player on fire. NOTE - Unlike the ASS command, the player is set on fire until they die. It cannot be undone.
  • !beacon - used !becaon "[NAME]" - Sets a beacon on the player, easily visible to all.
  • !freeze - used !freeze "[NAME]" - Freezes the player. NOTE - This will eventually ware off, and is not able to be toggled.
  • !timebomb - used !timebomb "[NAME]" - Puts a bomb on the player, harming only that player. This has a few variations, !firebomb and "freeze bomb. !firebomb is the same. !freezebomb keeps the player in the same place.
  • !blind - used !blind "[NAME]" "[AMMOUNT]" (255 = completely blind, thanks cherry). - Makes the players screen dark.
  • !evilrocket - used !evilrocket "[NAME]" - Launches the player in the air, then they explode. A personal favourite.
  • !gag - used !gag "[NAME]" - Gags the players keyboard for that session. They cannot type in chat until they rejoin or it is used again.
  • !pgag - used !pgag "[NAME]" "[REASON]" - Permanently gags the players keyboard. They cannot type in chat until that command is used on them again.
  • !mute - used !mute "[PLAYER]" - Mutes the players voice chat for that session. The cannot use the coice chat feature until the rejoin or the command is used on them again.
  • !pmute - used !pmute "[PLAYER]" "[REASON]" - Mutes the players voice chat permanently. The cannot use the voice chat feature until the command is used on them again.
  • !silence - used !silence "[NAME]" - Gags and mutes the player.
  • !psilence - used !psilence "[NAME]" "[REASON]" - Permanently gags and mutes the player.
  • !admin - used !admin - Brings up a command menu if you are lazy and don't want to type. Some commands in that menu are broken/removed.
  • !dsay - used !dsay [DURATION IN SECONDS] "[MESSAGE]" - sends a message to all player, very hard to miss.
  • !ban - used !ban "[NAME]" "[TIME IN MINUTES]" "[REASON]" - Bans the player for that selected time. Setting the time to 0 will perma-ban the player. !pban does not exist.

These are ALL the SM commands, I didn't include some, as they are not really needed.
Spoiler: Toggle

Disclaimer: If you use one of these commands and get it trouble, it's your own bloody fault, not mine. Don't come crying to me when you thought it was a good idea to slay the entire server, and for "some stupid reason" you get in trouble for it.

That's it really. If you want anything explained further, simply reply and I'll get back to you. Hope this guide helped :)

Q and A

Hat in a Cat wrote:
I think !ban is in time of seconds, not minutes.

Nope, definitely in minutes. 1440 minutes in a day, so times how may days you want them banned by that.

CobraHJR12 wrote:
These are Level 4+ right? : "!ban - used !ban "[NAME]" "[TIME IN MINUTES]" "[REASON]" - Bans the player for that selected time

Yup, Level 4+.

Erickarkos wrote:
Does gag also prevent one from talking through their headset also.

No, as explained above, mute is to mute there voice chat. Gag only prevents them from typing in game.

When to use commands.

If you wish to know some comparisons, just leave a reply.

• Freeze and Unfreeze - Best command there. Use it when talking to somebody.
  • Kick - Use this after a warning has been made, or if the offence is serious and they know they are doing it.
  • Slap - Use to make someone listen to you, also an okay punishment, but people seem to find it fun.
    Any commands that kills - Good for a first warning.
  • Mute - If they are constantly spamming music, or perhaps being offensive, use this.
  • Teleporting commands - Use this when you need to get to someone fast, or to bring them to you.
  • rp_gag vs !pgag = rp_gag is accessible by all admins, you only have to know their RP name. !pgag has a public database. This command can be used in chat. Only available to admins with SM permissions.

Last edited by mod7788 on Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:02 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Profile Chat  
O.P  
Ireland Irish Aaron xD
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:21 pm 
respected.png
250 posts +
Show user details
Unknown Unknown
1 person liked this: mod7788
This is exactly what I needed, I just donated for admin.

http://soundcloud.com/aaron-oconnell3/a ... mini-mix-2
 Profile Chat  

Norway Dellkan
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:27 pm 
Dellkan
level4.png
Featured Articles: 1 1000 posts +
Show user details
Unknown Unknown
ass_who can also be useful.
Also, its rp_canweapon, not rp_canweapons.
Both rp_canweapon and rp_gag supports a third unknown argument - rp_canweapon "name" "reason" "true/false" (think on/off). It can be useful if several admins are trying to use the same command on the same person.

Looks good so far :)

Profile Chat  

United Kingdom mod7788
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:05 pm 
Mod7788
level4.png
Show user details
Unknown Unknown

CURRENTLY SERVER BANNED
Dellkan wrote:
ass_who can also be useful.
Both rp_canweapon and rp_gag supports a third unknown argument - rp_canweapon "name" "reason" "true/false" (think on/off).

Really? It's always just been a toggle for me. As in, to ungag, I just use the same command without the reason. Or did you mean it is automatic and unknown? Thanks for the rp_canweapon and not rp_canweapons :) I was going to add ass_who in the ASS commands, but I just put it in with the rp_lookup command.

Profile Chat  
O.P  
United Kingdom Pallal
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:06 pm 
Lead Bans Manager
level4.png
1000 posts +
Show user details
None specified
Unknown Unknown
Would be nice if you posted the console commands for each ASS command, such as ass_freeze name

I always type it in console instead of looking for their name on the list, however pegaz said dellkan made the list alphabetical now so i might start using it.

Norway Dellkan
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:14 pm 
Dellkan
level4.png
Show user details
Unknown Unknown
Pallal wrote:
Would be nice if you posted the console commands for each ASS command, such as ass_freeze name

I always type it in console instead of looking for their name on the list, however pegaz said dellkan made the list alphabetical now so i might start using it.

Quite correct. Uploaded that earlier today. Seems to work nicely.

Heres a list of some of the assmod console commands:

Please notice that ass_unfreeze, and ass_freeze are custom modified, and uses your target if no argument is given. As such, bind g "ass_freeze" will freeze the player you are looking at, bind h "ass_unfreeze" will unfreeze the player you are looking at. Probably the most useful admin command ever.

Profile Chat  

United Kingdom mod7788
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:20 pm 
Mod7788
level4.png
Show user details
Unknown Unknown

CURRENTLY SERVER BANNED
Pallal wrote:

I wouldn't know them all. Asked Cherry for the command for jail, but he said just use the menu, which makes sense. So, I would include them if I knew, but alas, I cannot.

Also, updated with all useful SM commands. Some I left out because they were not needed, and if I did included them all there would be far to many :P

Edit: Cool Del! And yeah, ass_freeze is the best admin command. Kick? Why not just freeze them and make them watch everyone else have fun until they leave themselves? Ban? Well, that's still useful :P .

Last edited by mod7788 on Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile Chat  
O.P  
United States Hat
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:27 pm 
level4.png
1000 posts +
Show user details
Unknown Unknown

CURRENTLY SERVER BANNED

United Kingdom Cherry
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:29 pm 
Cherry
owner.png
2000 posts +
Show user details
Cherry Plays Gmod Plays Minecraft
Unknown Unknown
Hat in a Cat wrote:

It's minutes.
1440 = 1 day, for example.

sm_pban though? Never even heard of such command. sm_ban with 0 as the minutes = permanent.

Profile Chat  
United Kingdom Cobra HJR
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:39 pm 
respected.png
Show user details
Unknown Unknown
These are Level 4+ right? : "!ban - used !ban "[NAME]" "[TIME IN MINUTES]" "[REASON]" - Bans the player for that selected time (sorry if I didn't get it right, I've never used it)
!pban - used !pban "[NAME]" "[REASON]" - Perma-bans the player. (sorry if I didn't get it right, I've never used it)"

United Kingdom mod7788
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:44 pm 
Mod7788
level4.png
Show user details
Unknown Unknown

CURRENTLY SERVER BANNED
CobraHJR12 wrote:
These are Level 4+ right? : "!ban - used !ban "[NAME]" "[TIME IN MINUTES]" "[REASON]" - Bans the player for that selected time (sorry if I didn't get it right, I've never used it)
!pban - used !pban "[NAME]" "[REASON]" - Perma-bans the player. (sorry if I didn't get it right, I've never used it)"

of course, just thought i would add them. Cherry, I did say I had never used them, from logic, I thought a "p" would be there. :P pgag, pmute and psilence for example. But, will update the post accordingly.

Profile Chat  
O.P  
United Kingdom Pallal
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:18 pm 
Lead Bans Manager
level4.png
1000 posts +
Show user details
None specified
Unknown Unknown
If you're going to put lvl 4+ commands in there, add in 'banmenu' Its the easiest thing to use to ban someone.

United States dobes23
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:21 pm 
Banned
respected.png
500 posts +
Show user details
None specified Plays Gmod Plays Minecraft
Unknown Unknown
Thanks Mod! Theres always been a few of them that i didnt know!

Profile Chat  

United States Erickarkos
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:04 am 
respected.png
Show user details
Unknown Unknown

Profile Chat  

United Kingdom Cherry
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:07 am 
Cherry
owner.png
2000 posts +
Show user details
Cherry Plays Gmod Plays Minecraft
Unknown Unknown
Erickarkos wrote:

Gag = Text. (This includes chat commands.)
Mute = Voice.
Silence = Both.

Profile Chat  
United States Frost
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:21 am 
Frost
level4.png
Administrator Global Moderator 1000 posts +
Show user details
Unknown Unknown
When should I use slap vs. kick?

A section that answers questions like this might be nice.

United Kingdom mod7788
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:55 pm 
Mod7788
level4.png
Show user details
Unknown Unknown

CURRENTLY SERVER BANNED
Frost wrote:
When should I use slap vs. kick?

A section that answers questions like this might be nice.

Working on it. Also added a Q and A section. Feel free to ask questions and such about other things.

Profile Chat  
O.P  
United States _Gunz
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:22 pm 
Banned
respected.png
Featured Articles: 1 250 posts +
Show user details
Unknown Unknown

CURRENTLY SERVER BANNED
1 person liked this: mod7788
Suggestion: add all the job names for rp_teamban. I didn't know there was a console equivalent to this, but I could only figure out a couple jobs with the /teamban format. They aren't straightforward, and this would be a huge help.

Profile Chat  

United Kingdom mod7788
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:37 pm 
Mod7788
level4.png
Show user details
Unknown Unknown

CURRENTLY SERVER BANNED
_Gunz wrote:
Suggestion: add all the job names for rp_teamban. I didn't know there was a console equivalent to this, but I could only figure out a couple jobs with the /teamban format. They aren't straightforward, and this would be a huge help.

Added to OP, here they are here.

Last edited by mod7788 on Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Chat  
O.P  
United States Battlefield1113
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:10 pm 
Battlefield
level4.png
Global Moderator Abuse Manager Featured Articles: 1 2000 posts +
Show user details
Unknown Unknown
mod7788 wrote:
_Gunz wrote:

Added to OP, here they are here.

You missed bounty hunter. I believe it's bh.

Hat in a Cat: I DONT KNOW THE METAPHORICAL NUMBER
 Profile Chat  

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ] 

Go to page 1, 2  Next