United States blazedd
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:06 pm 
Blazedd
level4.png
Global Moderator 250 posts +
Show user details
Male Plays Gmod Plays Minecraft
Windows 7 Chrome
So after some time I think it would be good fun to redo our minecraft server again, but here is the plan:

1). NodeCraft Hosted (high performance ftw)
2). Staff ran (not just level4, but people that can manage plugins and ingame mods)
3). Whitelisted - (I learned my lession :b)
4). Bukkit/Tekkit/FeedTheBeast <-- chose one and lets roll!

Please post thoughts and what you'd like to see brought forward. I will be taking all applications for SSMC mods/admins/staff. Please use the following format:
Spoiler: Toggle

Profile Chat  
O.P  
United Kingdom kittyisftw
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:18 pm 
Banned
guest.png
Show user details
Female Plays Gmod Plays Minecraft
Windows 7 Chrome
2 people like this: blazeddSpice
Well I'm just posting my thoughts, others probably don't agree but I don't really like Tekkit because it's difficult to start off with and there's a lot more to learn, I prefer just vanilla minecraft with maybe some other mods like spells and stuff but the last time we had spells I thought it caused some in-fighting.

Doesn't mean I won't play on a tekkit server, I just don't like it that much :)

Last edited by kittyisftw on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SNOOP DOGG
 Profile Chat  

United Kingdom Noodle
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:19 pm 
respected.png
100 posts +
Show user details
Windows 7 Chrome
If only my minecraft account worked :( I would apply for admin.

Anyway I hope tekkit comes back I loved playing it

Profile Chat  

United States blazedd
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:22 pm 
Blazedd
level4.png
Global Moderator 250 posts +
Show user details
Windows 7 Chrome
[quote="kittyisftw";p=104884]Well I'm just posting my thoughts, others probably don't agree but I don't really like Tekkit because it's difficult to start off with and there's a lot more to learn, I prefer just vanilla minecraft with maybe some other mods like spells and stuff but the last time we had spells I thought it caused some in-fighting.

I couldn't agree more. Not only does it have a huge learning curve, it really is not great for multiplayer due to the potential for abuse and lag. I wasn't really a fan of anything, but the cool shit that was made.

Profile Chat  
O.P  
United States Wooden Trout
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:28 pm 
Wooden Trout
level4.png
Featured Articles: 2 500 posts +
Show user details
Windows 7 Firefox

CURRENTLY SERVER BANNED
1 person liked this: Intoxicated_Penguin
I'd play on a vanilla server with magix. I like magix.

Wooden Trout: BUM CUM?
Wooden Trout: GAY
Gunz: YES
Gunz: VERY GAY ZEBRA BUM CUM

Profile Chat  

United States Intoxicated_Penguin
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:46 pm 
respected.png
100 posts +
Show user details
Tapatalk Firefox
I agree, vanilla is best with some mods, depending on what type of server. Magix would be good, too.

Sent from my Short School Bus using My Ass[COPYRIGHT SIGN]

Denmark Gabriel
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:35 pm 
respected.png
100 posts +
Show user details
Windows 7 Chrome
I would love FTB

United States Wheatley
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:11 pm 
respected.png
100 posts +
Show user details
Windows 7 Chrome
1 person liked this: Zac
Just going to die after awhile when everyone gets all the end game stuff.

Ultra Lulz:wat
Ultra Lulz:someoen said my name 3 times
Ultra Lulz:banned yo
Ultra Lulz:9:04pm*poof*
 Profile Chat  

United Kingdom Noodle
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:13 pm 
respected.png
100 posts +
Show user details
Windows 7 Chrome
Minecraft Username: manamania
What you are applying for: (mod/admin/staff) Staff or Admin
Did you play on the original SSMC: Yes
What about after the merge with Across Clan: Don't Think so
What about the Tekkit Server: Yes
Did you ever get banned on any of those: No
If so, why:
Do you have any experience installing and updating bukkit mods: Unfortunately not
If not, would you be able to learn: I would sure as hell be willing to learn how to update mods and install them ect i always like to learn new things
Have you run any servers before: No

Why i should consider you

I believe you should consider me as a member of staff for the minecraft server because I have been with the SS community for quite a while now, over a year to be exact, not only have I been here for such a long period of time I am one of the many people who played the original minecraft server and i remember it quite well. I believe I am also quite a creative person and could come up for ideas for Mods and other things like that.

Thank you for reading
Noodle

Last edited by Noodle on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Chat  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:37 pm 
Banned
guest.png
Show user details
Windows 7 Chrome
Also if it's going to be any form of a survival I think the rules on no whining or starting bitch fights when you die and loose your stuff should be enforced more than before. (Sorry for bringing up the past, but this needs to be said in order for this to be successful) This thread is what happens after in-fighting from raiding and stealing etc.

https://sammyservers.com/forums/viewtop ... Frant+over

I think raiding and stealing and fighting should be allowed, and of course anti-griefing rules like stealing when offline, but if you want to go into a survival world then go with nothing or go with heavy armour.

My input :)

SNOOP DOGG
 Profile Chat  

United States siameseSerpent
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:51 pm 
respected.png
Show user details
Windows 7 Chrome

CURRENTLY SERVER BANNED
Minecraft Username: squirtle336
What you are applying for: (mod/admin/staff) Staff
What about after the merge with Across Clan: Yes
Did you ever get banned on any of those: No (not that I know of)
If so, why:
Do you have any experience installing and updating bukkit mods: Yes
If not, would you be able to learn:
Have you run any servers before: Yes, multiple local friends only bukkit servers and me helios and frosts's TLA Minecraft server ( I was the FTP and mod manager )
Why i should consider you: I have played SSMC for a LOONG time. I am a fairly old member of SammyServers and have made quite a few friends here. I have Much (MUCH MUCH MUCH) knowledge about Minecraft, Bukkit, and Tekkit. I helped pioneer many different things on SSMC (wizardy bukkit plugin, Forever a night) and I frequently played on the old servers. I am also very good with Redstone. Thank you. Also I have used YML configurations before.

-------------- Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:51 pm --------------

[quote="kittyisftw";p=104884]Well I'm just posting my thoughts, others probably don't agree but I don't really like Tekkit because it's difficult to start off with and there's a lot more to learn, I prefer just vanilla minecraft with maybe some other mods like spells and stuff but the last time we had spells I thought it caused some in-fighting.

I'm going to tell you what I tell everyone else - tekkit does not have to be played like tekkit. And if you do choose too, which you should, it will take time. I personally love to teach people about tekkit and I know just about every mod that is in it. Give it another try.

Last edited by siameseSerpent on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile Chat  

United States Helios Arcos
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:52 pm 
respected.png
250 posts +
Show user details
Windows 7 Chrome
Minecraft Username: arceus940
What about after the merge with Across Clan: Yes
If so, why: N/A
Do you have any experience installing and updating bukkit mods: Yes, I have managed bukkit plugins in the past
If not, would you be able to learn: N/A
Have you run any servers before: Yes, I have run multiple private bukkit servers, I was co-owner of Walrussia and managed bukkit for it, and I was a founder of Siamese, Frost, and I's TLA minecraft server.
Why i should consider you:
I have been a dedicated member of SS for 1.5-2 years and I have been an admin on the GMod servers for most of that time. I have been active on the forums and in most all of the SS servers and I believe I am a well-respected member of the community. I have contributed to SS in the past and I wish to do so more. I play Minecraft like an addiction, too. :D

Thank you for considering my application
-Helios Arcos

Profile Chat  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:59 pm 
Banned
guest.png
Show user details
Windows 7 Chrome
Well maybe, but you like tekkit, and are good and I'm assuming you're experienced and I'm sure you'll be able to get your hands on some Dark Matter armour (or whatever it is) and rings and lasers and all of that sort of stuff, and if you don't play it as tekkit you will just get destroyed. Tekkit just adds a whole new level of difference between the new players and the more experienced players, and I'm all for teaching people things but I just don't think Tekkit is what a large part of the community, and new players will want.

SNOOP DOGG
 Profile Chat  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:04 pm 
respected.png
Show user details
Windows 7 Chrome

CURRENTLY SERVER BANNED
[quote="kittyisftw";p=104900]Well maybe, but you like tekkit, and are good and I'm assuming you're experienced and I'm sure you'll be able to get your hands on some Dark Matter armour (or whatever it is) and rings and lasers and all of that sort of stuff, and if you don't play it as tekkit you will just get destroyed. Tekkit just adds a whole new level of difference between the new players and the more experienced players, and I'm all for teaching people things but I just don't think Tekkit is what a large part of the community, and new players will want.

I quite agree. But on the flip side, lets throw around some pros.

- Huge Community involvement (factories with 20 people, large corporations and industrialization)
- Current SS people will want to play and not see it as just another dying SSMC.
- Tekkit Fans flock to any tekkit server with people on it.
- Tekkit is becoming more and more popular which means more and more player base.

Profile Chat  

United States Danman277
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:20 pm 
respected.png
Show user details
None specified Plays Gmod Plays Minecraft
OS X Chrome
Minecraft Username: Danman277
Did you play on the original SSMC: No
What about after the merge with Across Clan: No
What about the Tekkit Server: No
If so, why: No
Do you have any experience installing and updating bukkit mods: Oh god yes.
If not, would you be able to learn: ---
Have you run any servers before: 4
Why i should consider you: Well, the reason that you should consider me for being part if the staff in the SSMC Server, is that I am very experienced with running a server, And administrating one as well. I have run many different servers, with dozens of bukkit plugins and addons. I do have a downside though, I am not the best at setting up groupmanager. Thank you for considering me.

Profile Chat  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:22 pm 
respected.png
Show user details
Windows 7 Chrome

CURRENTLY SERVER BANNED
[quote="Danman277";p=104916]Minecraft Username: Danman277
Why i should consider you: Well, the reason that you should consider me for being part if the staff in the SSMC Server, is that I am very experienced with running a server, And administrating one as well. I have run many different servers, with dozens of bukkit plugins and addons. I do have a downside though, I am not the best at setting up groupmanager. Thank you for considering me.

so let me get this straight, you have never played on the server, and supposedly set up bukkit mods but cannot manage groupmanager? alright

Profile Chat  

United States Danman277
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:29 pm 
respected.png
Show user details
None specified Plays Gmod Plays Minecraft
OS X Chrome
[quote="siameseSerpent";p=104917][quote="Danman277";p=104916]Minecraft Username: Danman277

so let me get this straight, you have never played on the server, and supposedly set up bukkit mods but cannot manage groupmanager? alright

Yes that is true. I have setup and run multiple bukkit and 1 tekkit servers. I can not setup group manager. I had a friend set it up for me, and I CAN manage it, I just cant set it up perfectly without crashes. I have not played on the MC servers because At that Time when those servers were on, I was taking a year long leave of absence. I was here 2 years ago, actively playing on the GMOD server. I also was playing minecraft like an addict, but it never really interested me in joining the SSMC server at that time. Also at that time I did not play tekkit. If you do not believe me, you can go on planet minecrat, and look up the listings of my server (keep in mind that none of them are currently active) My account names were Danman2771, Danman2772 and so on ( I believe, If not try dan2735, dont really remember.) The reason I had multiple accounts is that you can not put up multiple servers under one account with the same IP but different ports. Hope that cleared it up for you. Thank you for reading.

Last edited by Danman277 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Chat  

United States Eliman
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:39 pm 
respected.png
Show user details
Windows 7 Chrome
Minecraft Username:Eliman
What you are applying for: (mod/admin/staff): Admin
What about after the merge with Across Clan:No
What about the Tekkit Server:I was one of the gods of it.
Did you ever get banned on any of those:Yes on tekkit.
If so, why: For a retarded fued with Westi you remember...
Do you have any experience installing and updating bukkit mods: A little I ran a local server with personal friends before.
If not, would you be able to learn: Sure.
Have you run any servers before: A local server for my personal friends.
Why i should consider you: I was a donor on SS Tekkit also I was an admin on Frost's Avatar Server. Also I was one of the very active members of SS Tekkit when noone else played it.

Profile Chat  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:06 pm 
Banned
guest.png
Show user details
Windows 7 Chrome
[quote="siameseSerpent";p=104901][quote="kittyisftw";p=104900]Well maybe, but you like tekkit, and are good and I'm assuming you're experienced and I'm sure you'll be able to get your hands on some Dark Matter armour (or whatever it is) and rings and lasers and all of that sort of stuff, and if you don't play it as tekkit you will just get destroyed. Tekkit just adds a whole new level of difference between the new players and the more experienced players, and I'm all for teaching people things but I just don't think Tekkit is what a large part of the community, and new players will want.

I quite agree. But on the flip side, lets throw around some pros.

- Huge Community involvement (factories with 20 people, large corporations and industrialization)
- Current SS people will want to play and not see it as just another dying SSMC.
- Tekkit Fans flock to any tekkit server with people on it.
- Tekkit is becoming more and more popular which means more and more player base.

Large corporations usually consist of friends within the community, making it very difficult for people they don't like to integrate themself into the community, a lot of players on the Tekkit server will be the old players of SSMC, but I feel from a P.O.V. of server population a vanilla server with good rules and a few mods will be more popular than a Tekkit server, but I understand what you mean by it is coming more popular, maybe I'm just bias because I don't know how to play it but I feel it's more inviting to new minecraft players rather than just Tekkit players.

SNOOP DOGG
 Profile Chat  

United States Zac
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:14 pm 
respected.png
250 posts +
Show user details
Windows 7 Chrome
1 person liked this: kittyisftw
I believe kitty brings up a valid issue that in-crowds do cause issues with new comers.

Profile Chat  

Page 1 of 10 [ 195 posts ] 

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next