Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 
United States D3adm0nk3y
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:49 am 
respected.png
100 posts +
Show user details
Male Plays Gmod Plays Minecraft
Windows 7 Chrome
So, After looking at what the forums 'is' I have decided to put forth a few ideas, to reorganize the forums.
FORUM STRUCTURE
1. Rename "Public Announcement" to "Rules, Guidelines, and Important Admin Announcements"
Make this appear everywhere the user goes, At the top of the screen if need be, this is it's own Subsection, and also appears in every forum subsection.
2. Rename "Gaming" subsection to "SammyServer Offical Gaming Communities"
Structure will be:
SSOGC:
A. Applications for ranks
B. Garry's mod
1. DarkRp
2. Fretta
3. Other mods.
C. Minecraft
D. TF2
E. Game Community requests( this will be for offical requests to either add a Subsection to SSOGC, or a sub-subsection.
3. Combine Hobbies, and Community, will have this:
Community
A. Member Discussion
1. Hardware
2. Software
3. Creations

B. Guides
C. Off Topic lounge(Same as off-topic)
D: Suggestions
E: Court of SS(BANS)

(each section below 'SSOGC' and 'Community' is it's own forum.

RULES:
New Rules:
1. Flaming: No Flaming of any other player, for the sole purpose of harassing them, or starting an arguement.
Example:
Good Jimmy, you're wrong, pancakes are the best breakfest choice, because they can be made in tons of different ways!

Bad Jimmy u wrong you little nigger, fuck off you faggot shit, I'll cut your kneecaps off.

2. Shitstorms is when a flame war, spreads to more than 2 people arguing against each other. NO Contributing to shitstorms, if a shitstorm is happening, IGNORE IT. If you think there is some discussion value to it, then state your opinion as no one has presented it yet, keep in line with flaming rule.
Examples:

BAD:
Member A Jimmy u wrong you little nigger, fuck off you faggot shit, I'll cut your kneecaps off.
member B Fuck you Lincoln, ur just a stick up tompotato. you're adopted
Member c: ur mom
member d: niggers be mad
member 844443: *shit storm gifs* *dis goin be gud gif*
Admin: Not again.......
GOOD
Member A: Jimmy, you're wrong, pancakes are the best breakfest choice, because they can be made in tons of different ways!
Member B: I think Waffles are better because syrup can store in the little tiny squares, so you don't get too much syrup
Member C: I just like bacon and eggs
Member D: I eat whatever i can afford
member 844443: *gifs of breakfest food* *dis goin be gud gif*
Admin: I prefer all kinds.

note: Difference between flaming, and a debate: Flaming includes mutiple swear words, and insults the other person. A debate is presented with facts, needs little swear words(Swear words as describers please, no blatent insults) and does not personally attack anyone

Please also post any other types of reorgnization of SS, improvements to presented ideas, and Feedback!

Last edited by D3adm0nk3y on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:49 am, edited 5 times in total.

O.P  
Canada Suffocated_Skies
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:56 am 
respected.png
Featured Articles: 1 500 posts +
Show user details
Windows 7 Firefox
1 person liked this: Cobra HJR
In term of Re-organization I went a little further away from the gaming past and got rid of the bans and DarkRP discussion and such. I tried to keep it simple and clean, a lot of stuff is still the same. But then again why complicate it?

Current Organization:

Sammy Servers:
Public Announcements
Website Discussion
Bans
Source SDK Discussion
Suggestions

Gaming:
Res. Apps.
DarkRP Disc.
Fretta
Other Games
Screenshots and Video

Hobbies:
Creative
Film and Television
Gaming
Music
Technology.

Community:
Introductions
Articles
Member Pictures
Off Topic.

Proposed Organization:

Welcome to Sammy Servers!:
o-Forum Rules and Regulations (Seperate from PA, reduce the clutter when it comes to finding the rules)
o-Public Announcements
o-Website Suggestion and Discussion

The Community:
o-Introductions and Greetings (Combine with Member pictures) : Introduce yourself, get to know some other members.
o-Off Topic: Discuss things of little or no relevence. Play forum "games", make some jokes, youtube threads and links. Home of the Rubbish Bin.
o-Articles: Works of Non-fiction, often instructional, written by members of the community. Read at will or write your own!
- Subsection: Featured

Hobbies
o-Gaming: Talk about video games of all sorts! Maybe you've got a review or you want to discuss something? Maybe you're wondering what games might warrant your attention?
-Subsection: Source SDK Discussion
o-Music: Talk and share some tunes, talk about the instruments you play, maybe share a video or two?
o-Technology: Enjoy some talk of PC builds, technology, and that noise a dial-up modem makes with the other members.
o-TV and Movies: Let us know why you think "A Beautiful Mind" would have been better with Michael Bay as director. In general talk about things you watch rather than play.
o-Creative: Indulge in your love of art and writing.

Last edited by Suffocated_Skies on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Soc
 Profile Chat  

United States D3adm0nk3y
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:21 am 
respected.png
100 posts +
Show user details
Windows 7 Chrome
Seems like your structure doesn't really change much, yeah it changes a few things but isn't really a new order.

O.P  
United Kingdom Cherry
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:22 am 
Cherry
owner.png
Administrator 2000 posts +
Show user details
Cherry Plays Gmod Plays Minecraft
Windows 7 Chrome
1 person liked this: Suffocated_Skies
Skies hit exactly what I wanted really, so, forum structure updated. Let me know what you think.

Profile Chat  
United States D3adm0nk3y
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:23 am 
respected.png
100 posts +
Show user details
Windows 7 Chrome
Relooked, maybe change source SDK to coding in general?

O.P  
United Kingdom Cherry
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:25 am 
Cherry
owner.png
Show user details
Windows 7 Chrome
Source SDK is gaming specific really, and could be creative I guess too. It works where it is though.

Programming and such can go in Technology.

Profile Chat  
Canada Suffocated_Skies
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:31 am 
respected.png
Show user details
Windows 7 Firefox
Looks good to me. (Bias aside)

-Soc
 Profile Chat  

Canada Spice
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:44 am 
respected.png
666 posts +
Show user details
Windows 7 Chrome
To be honest, with this new forum structure I have 2 ideas for it :P. I've seen these both in other communities and they've worked fine.

1/ Player Complaints section. Here you will post a thread about another player that you feel is causing the community harm. To post one of these threads it doesn't matter if you have hard proof (such as admin abuse and stuff) just opinions. If it results in a shitstorm or a flame war then each person involved will be banned, just to keep it organized. Also, to prevent even more shitstorms, to post a player complaint thread or post inside a thread you have to send it to a moderator, and ask for premission to post. Then at the end of the post you have to state what mod allowed you too.

Example:

Title: Timmy Complaint

Timmy for some reason has been really rude to the community lately, I mean he's a nice person but I feel that he should be given a warning about his actions because he is making people angry. Refer to some of his recent posts, I'd like to hear the community's opinions on him.

~Bob
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Timmy: I'm sorry you feel that way about me bob, but I don't see why I should change my actions. I mean, sometimes I'm a douche but that's for fun.

Cherry gave me premission to post.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jim: Yeah, I feel that Timmy has been a bit trolly lately. I think he needs to be told to get his stuff together because he's making some community members mad.

Cherry gave me premission to post.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

And stuff like that. On to the next one.

2/ Remove the Rubbish Bin, create a section for useless, stupid, fuck around, threads. Basically a place that you can post ANYTHING, and I mean anything. It won't show up in the portal as a new thread, but whenever you're on the forums there's a button to go to the section. Personally, the rubbish bin is the only forum people go to, from what I've seen. If the rubbish bin was LOCKED, people would use the other forums for their music posts and shit like that, because people post everything in the rubbish bin even if it has a forum for it. A lot of people would be against this because everyone loves the rubbish bin, but we need to start using other parts of the forums more.

But if the community can handle it What am I saying this community can barely handle anything trolling would be allowed in that section and that section only. This is a very unlikely thing to happen, because it probably will end up bad, but yeah.

Examples of these threads would be:

Title: I Love Frost

He's the best person around.

discuss

-Spice
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Title: Some Doctor Who Images

*imageimageimage*

lelel, I luv doctor who

-endy
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Title: Obama Can't Handle my Swag

*video*

2swaggy4me

-Deadmonkey
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And shit like that. Both of these are unlikely going to happen, but just suggestions.

Last edited by Spice on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Chat  

Canada Suffocated_Skies
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:51 am 
respected.png
Show user details
Windows 7 Firefox
2 people like this: CherryGhost
For one the complaint section isn't really necessary. You have a report button and you can always contact and administrator with your complaint and/ or collected evidence as to why an individual should be talked to.

-Soc
 Profile Chat  

Canada Spice
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:28 am 
respected.png
666 posts +
Show user details
Windows 7 Chrome
Skies, for one, whenever I had used the report button, it's normally biased towards the person who deals with the situation. Most of the reports I put on people were closed or denied, I talked to the person who denied it, and they said "They have been given a warning" and they have been given multiple warnings probably. I think I've been reported a couple times too, but I don't think anything was done to me.

Profile Chat  

Canada Suffocated_Skies
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:39 am 
respected.png
Show user details
Windows 7 Firefox
1 person liked this: Spice
Well the report system really is the best system for the job. If you have doubts about the validity of that admin's efforts you should bring it up with Cherry or another level 4. If Cherry is the one you suspect of favoritism (Sorry, Cherry, simply for the sake of an example) then you can inquire with a level 4 for some advice on how to handle the situation. Quite often I'm sure the admin has some good reasons for what they do.

Posting a topic allows the poster to be targeted by the accused and his or her friends. Why should someone risk ousting themselves of inclusion and popular opinion when an anonymous system already exists? You just have to trust that other members will report the same member if they take issue with their behavior.

I really am on your side for unbiased and effective policing of the forums but it has to be safe and considerate, too. Even if a person is a bit of an ass it seems a tad harsh to have the whole community rage down on them.

-Soc
 Profile Chat  

Canada Spice
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:11 pm 
respected.png
666 posts +
Show user details
Windows 7 Chrome
Good point, man.

Profile Chat  

United States Derpington Steele
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:13 pm 
respected.png
250 posts +
Show user details
Windows 7 Chrome
I think that since there isn't anything really worth donating to anymore, that some of the forum donation features should just become free ( Larger avatars, GIF's for avatars, color, and all that jazz.)

United Kingdom Cherry
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:51 pm 
Cherry
owner.png
Show user details
Windows 7 Chrome
1 person liked this: Hat
Derpington Steele wrote:
I think that since there isn't anything really worth donating to anymore, that some of the forum donation features should just become free ( Larger avatars, GIF's for avatars, color, and all that jazz.)

Domain fees, and hosting fees?

And having everyone with the ability to use animated avatars and coloured names just doesn't seem appealing.

Profile Chat  
 Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ]