PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:28 am 
Banned
respected.png
Featured Articles: 1 250 posts +
Show user details
Male Plays Gmod Plays Minecraft
Unknown Unknown

CURRENTLY SERVER BANNED
7 people like this: Based GodClementineEndermanGhotilHatjohnyelland1234mrcrazy45
Being a Professional Gangster

A comprehensive guide by Gunz

Featured by Cherry

So, you wanna be a gangster? What's that? You want more? You want to learn how to become a political assassin? You want to learn how to keep your weapons safe? You want to learn how to keep yourself safe? You want to learn how to crush the enemy gang? This is the guide for you.

Let's start with keeping yourself safe, as that's the most basic skill to learn on the road to becoming a professional gangster. The fundamentals to this are: arming yourself properly, having quick and accurate fire, picking safe routes, and picking a discreet base location (which also helps to keep your weapons safe). Now, you can't expect to win every firefight with a pistol, can you? The answer is no, because you aren't James Bond. You're going to need some firepower. My personal favorite is the M4 Benelli Super 90, but it has the shortcoming of only 6 rounds in the tube. For fighting multiple enemies, I would choose the M249 SAW. Yes, these are expensive weapons, but they won't take long to afford with some printer farming. The M4's range and damage are spectacular, and you can take someone down from across the map with a few shots. It's an ideal weapon for a confined area. The M249 has the obvious advantage of firing off 100 rounds before you need to reload. That's more than enough to kill the entire server at once. Some other great weapon choices are the P90 and the SG552 Commando.

But what's a lot of firepower without the skill and reflexes to properly use them? If someone gets the jump on you, you need to be able to return fire quickly. If you're hardcore enough to have a mouse with extra buttons, you can bind your weapon (weapon type, really) to that mouse button: "bind mouse4 slot5". If not, I suggest remapping the scoreboard and binding the weapon category to TAB. Come on, how often do you need to see the scoreboard? That's prime real estate for your finger, and it's better-suited for a weapon slot. Next up is accuracy. Since none of the weapons have crosshairs or a reticule, you'll have to get good at judging where the middle of your screen is. I practiced this in Killing Floor a lot, but you can effectively practice in GMod as well. At a time when the RP is dead, grab an automatic weapon from a gun dealer and practice shooting all the windows on the map out. Try to stand still at first. Once you can do it pretty quickly and with few misses, start strafing back and forth while you shoot. This will greatly increase your targeting speed and accuracy. When using the AI AW90, this is a necessary skill. It's also effective to use suppressive fire, and to pause for a couple seconds when you have over half your magazine left, to fool the enemy into peeking out while he thinks you're reloading. When you are reloading, take cover briefly.

Better to avoid a firefight if possible while traveling, however. You should avoid the main roads. Instead, travel along rooftops, jump out second-story windows instead of using the front door, learn to love the underground (there's a lot of it), and never run in a straight line. Always strafe back and forth while running toward something, even if just a little. Make sure to check behind you often, too. If you're with friends, look in a direction different from your friend. Between the two (or more) of you, cover as much area with your eyes as possible, even if it means running backwards.

If your base is on the main road, however, it'll be hard to avoid main roads. Not to mention, your base will be an easy target. You'll want your base to be in a forgotten part of the map. The underground comes in handy here. No, not the "secret" base and small room at the subway station. Those are much too obvious. It's best to pick a nondescript room or building. Even a single room in a building that you own the doors to, but not the outside doors. At a glance, the building will appear vacant, and no one will think to look inside, unless they are traveling through or looking to buy the building for themselves. For the purposes of being out of the way and discreet, the building under the corner souvenir shop is a good choice. There are many more, but I'm not going to do all the thinking. I have my own secrets, after all. To summarize, less is more; it's better to be hard to find than hard to break.

Keeping your weapons safe is pretty simple. Simply take into account the paragraphs above and you'll have a good start. However, there are a couple more tricks you can use to safeguard your weapons. Always shoot the crate your weapons are in. This will make sure they don't despawn if you are bountied. Keep in mind that weapons that have been pocketed will despawn upon job change. When building anything, make the object/prop weights all 251 or greater. They will not be able to be gravgunned if they weigh at least 251. Learn to use hydraulics effectively (in conjuction with sliders or ball-socket joints) in place of fading doors. Fading doors are vulnerable to CP battering rams, and hydraulics are just much cooler. The last trick I have for you is to set a camera (not an RT cam) set to the same key as the first fading door into your base (won't work with a hydraulic or a toggled fading door). This way, if the keypad is hacked, you will be forcibly notified of the event and, hopefully, be close enough to your base to stop the intruder. Just make sure the door opens, too. Making the camera invisible (color tool) doesn't hurt, either.

Being a political assassin is possible by combining all of the above knowledge, in addition to knowing how to effectively infiltrate bases (the PD, in this case). There are four ways into the PD: the front door, the back door, the roof, and the "secret" entrance. The front door is usually forced by the CP by having all the other entrances blocked. Unless this is the case, you should not attempt to pick the front door. Ever. The back door isn't a bad choice. It's good to have a lookout if you're attempting this entrance. The secret entrance is a pretty solid choice, and you should attempt to utilize it as often as possible. The roof is the last option. There are a number of ways to get up there (no, you can't prop climb), the easiest of which is jumping on a buddy's head. The roof is also the best escape route, as you can simply jump off the roof onto the building next door and escape through a window to the elevator to the underground. Plan your escape route beforehand.

Once you're inside the PD, you'll need to find the mayor. If you're lucky, he'll be in his office. If not, he'll probably be in the CP's bunker. If he isn't in either of those places, start checking every room in the PD, being mindful of CP presence. Listen for doors being unlocked, get against the wall sideways when picking locks, that sort of thing. Never let your guard down. If you still can't find the mayor, he's either out and about in the streets, or he has a base of his own somewhere (the fool). At this point, you can try to bribe a CP into revealing his location. It's safer, however, to ask your neighborhood courier to ask a CP for you. Despite rules against metagaming, a CP will be much more suspicious of a gangster (especially a bounty hunter) asking where the mayor is than any other job. You just can't get around that, so start making friends with the neutral jobs. Yes, as tempting as it is to raid that gun dealer, you may need his help in the future. Once you find the mayor, you can try to hold him ransom. This will backfire horribly if the mayor is armed, so I don't recommend trying too often. You should hold him ransom for about $5000. As I very much doubt the CP will stop trying to kill you, you can inform the mayor that he can pay the ransom himself. In case he doesn't play ball, you can order the CP to use a courier to deliver the money, and that any CP presence at the drop point will result in the mayor's death. It's also a good idea to threaten the mayor to keep the police off your back, for fear of a return visit, or death on the spot. If you succeed in getting the money and escaping unharmed, congratulations!

However, there is one thing you need to be mindful of, more than anything else: the opposing gang. If not taken seriously, they can and will seriously impede your operations. The best way to deal with them is in open firefight, in a war of attrition. If you can shoot faster and better than the enemy gang, you will usually wear their weapon stock down. Not only that, but it's good to snipe them from a random window with a view of their favorite gun shop. I find it's more morale-defeating if you kill them as they exit the shop. Just make sure to use a different sniping position after every few kills. Eventually, they'll be bone-dry of weapons, and you can take a crack at their base, if you so wish. I'm usually content with keeping them out of my hair, but everyone has their own agenda.

You now possess all the knowledge required for being a successful, if not, professional gangster. Get out there and cause some mayhem. Hold up some businesses, break down the government, and crush your opposition! If you're not sure on anything, just follow these simple maxims:

• A Professional Gangster always keeps himself armed and ready for anything.
  • A Professional Gangster keeps his reflexes sharp and accuracy honed.
  • A Professional Gangster uses stealth to confuse and deceive his targets.
  • A Professional Gangster never initiates an even fight; he always ambushes his enemy.
  • A Professional Gangster never lets his guard down, even for a moment.
  • A Professional Gangster always avoids the beaten path.
  • A Professional Gangster earns the trust of neutral parties.
  • A Professional Gangster never leaves witnesses alive.
  • A Professional Gangster never makes his intentions known until it is too late.
  • A Professional Gangster strikes like a bolt of lightning and disappears like the thunder.
  • A Professional Gangster will be known as the hand of God.

Good luck

Last edited by Cherry on Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Profile Chat  
O.P  
United Kingdom Tofty1996
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:53 am 
respected.png
Featured Articles: 1 100 posts +
Show user details
Unknown Unknown
1 person liked this: GhostWolf
Freakin' awesome.

Believe everything, question nothing.

Profile Chat  

United States Derpington Steele
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:45 pm 
respected.png
250 posts +
Show user details
Unknown Unknown
Great guide! I never thought about the part with the camera and the keypad! I will have to use that more often! I also love waiting for them to buy the gun before I kill them, If you don't like to cheat with bounties this is a great way to make them rage quit!

United States Olympia
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:11 pm 
respected.png
Show user details
None specified Plays Gmod Plays Minecraft
Unknown Unknown
1 person liked this: Hat
I am tempted to get in with gunz in a game and form the Dynamic Duo
(Nice guide anyhows)

Profile Chat  

United States armelqb
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:43 am 
respected.png
100 posts +
Show user details
Unknown Unknown
Looks like i have learned something from this article today :), Nice job

Profile Chat  

Canada xPEACHYxBANANASx
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:52 am 
respected.png
Show user details
Male Plays Gmod
Unknown Unknown
alright i have couple of buttons on my mouse i have the left click right click like evreyone and the click on the scroll i also have the back and foward button for the internet when i click the one is physgun and the other grav gun but like gunz fsaid like mous button 4 or w/e how do i know wich button it is so i can make it switch to i also have a button in the middle of it and it does nothing at all its to bind stuff to it in game as its a gamer mouse but i need help to figure out how to ibind it to know wich button is iwch number so on and so on

thx to anyone that will take thiere time to help me just either pm me on the forum with...... steps by steps or add me on steam xPEACHYxBANANASx

THX and awsome post gunz

Last edited by Wooden Trout on Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:52 am, edited 4 times in total.

Profile Chat  

United States mrcrazy45
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:31 pm 
respected.png
100 posts +
Show user details
Unknown Unknown
I am already a really good gangster. But there is always somewhere to improve, this helps me train these areas. Great guide!

Profile Chat  

United States Denbus26
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:24 pm 
respected.png
500 posts +
Show user details
Unknown Unknown
xPEACHYxBANANASx wrote:
alright i have couple of buttons on my mouse i have the left click right click like evreyone and the click on the scroll i also have the back and foward button for the internet when i click the one is physgun and the other grav gun but like gunz fsaid like mous button 4 or w/e how do i know wich button it is so i can make it switch to i also have a button in the middle of it and it does nothing at all its to bind stuff to it in game as its a gamer mouse but i need help to figure out how to ibind it to know wich button is iwch number so on and so on

thx to anyone that will take thiere time to help me just either pm me on the forum with...... steps by steps or add me on steam xPEACHYxBANANASx

THX and awsome post gunz

That was almost a coherent sentence...

Last edited by Denbus26 on Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Except for this part, thats not quite as boring.
 Profile Chat  

United States Ghotil
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:42 pm 
respected.png
Show user details
Unknown Unknown

CURRENTLY SERVER BANNED
Very nice and usefull thanks

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]