respected.png
Featured Articles: 1 100 posts +
Show user details
Male Plays Gmod Plays Minecraft
Unknown Unknown
4 people like this: Cobra HJRHappyWarriorOfficerben17Soldier8D
Raiding Made Easy!

From left to right: Scottiebrave, SpareChangeForHobos, KingBlade

If you are a frequent player of DarkRP, and you ask about raiding, a lot of gangsters will claim that raiding is ‘incredibly fun but incredibly hard’, they could not be more wrong. All it takes is a little planning, maybe a small sacrifice (such as money or… other) and you can infiltrate any base. With my guide on how to do so, you’ll be cracking keypads in no time!

ATTENTION: if the base or store you intend to raid is incredibly simplistic and requires no real tactic, just skip to the very bottom.

First Steps

This is one of the most important steps, but is also one of the most forgotten, or is simply ignored – analysing their base, scouting it out.
This is incredibly productive when raiding stores, yet still very useful when raiding a base, it will quite literally determine life and death.

Stores
Get one of your gang members, preferably one that is unarmed and lower down in the criminal hierarchy, and simply send him over there. When checking out a store, the owners will not be immediately hostile, whereas a base owner would; get him to have a look around, try and work out which entrances are blocked, but most importantly they should evaluate their defences:

• Where do they attack from?
• What defences do they think you’ll need to get past before they reach the central store itself?
• Is the store owner armed?
Try and get them to get an answer or an estimate for all these questions, have them stall the owner with questions about the store or their wares, this will help you determine whether or not the store is worth raiding in the first place.

Bases
The tactics for evaluating a base are very similar to the tactics of evaluating a store, but the difference is the level of hostility shown by the owners and residents of the base in question. As it always is with raiding bases: safety first. Have your man go down there and try and get their attention, what is best, but rarely works, is if they can be granted entry to the base, the level of success for that is all down to the individual’s communication skills. If this fails, or they are immediately hostile, order your man to attempt to get the owners to fire on him, this allows you access to the knowledge of their defences –you learn where they attack from and the element of surprise is party lost. When evaluating a base, ask yourself these questions:

• Where do they attack from?
• What defences do they think you’ll need to get past before they reach the central base itself?
• Are there any structural weak points or flaws you can take advantage of?
• How many people are estimated to be inside or have been given access?

You should bear in mind that bases with open tops, can easily be jumped into using weed, it will save you a whole lot of trouble. If a store or base is in public view, a few of these things can be accomplished simply by staking out the area, learning by observing. Some things you should always take note of are the props used and their materials, props which only allow you to see one way and a material on them indicates a higher level of base quality, and a therefore a higher level of caution is required.

Equipment and Planning

The tactics stated in this section and the next section entitle ‘The Raid’ use heroin, as also stated at the bottom, you can still use these tactics to successfully raid without the use of heroin, though it is highly recommended you use it as your chance of success will be much, much higher.

When your man gets back, get all the answers you can from him, as these will influence the choices you should make in this step. What you should learn first is whether or not it’s worth raiding – what valuables do they have? Then learn the amount of men inside the base and what weaponry they carry, fewer men with lower quality guns means you don’t have to blow a huge wad of cash yourself. One thing you should always have on hand for a raid is heroin, this can be make or break for a very tough base, and when used correctly, can remain good value due to its high success rate in comparison to cost, I will tell you how to use this effectively in the main section. You will need no more than 4 armed men for a successful raid, however, the more the merrier. When arming your men, bear in mind their roles, here is what I recommend:

• You should have 2 infiltrators – they do the raiding, I would recommend they carry MP5s or Mac10s, as they are close range and pack a powerful punch, they will obviously require a lock pick and keypad cracker (or 2 for good measure) and a supply of heroin, however the more heroin you have the better, as it takes roughly 10 heroin ingested individually to remain safe via god mode for 3 keypad crackings (10 heroin will get you past 3 keypad gates assuming the pads don't break). Make sure to carry it in your pocket, and try to have some armed guards carrying a little, as they may be able to pass it through after you use a few on the first gate.
• You should have 2 armed guards, preferably carrying rifles such as the AK47 or FAMAS, as they are effective at a range as well as packing a punch capable of ripping apart the gangsters or cops that come after you, post them at the entrance, but have them out of the line of fire, they’re all that’s stopping reinforcements kicking your ass.
• If you can afford it, and you’re willing to use up an extra man, have another man with a rifle or a sniper watching the base entrance if possible, so he can attempt to take out the residents of the base if they open up their firing ports as well as open fire on you. However if the infiltrators are carrying heroin, these men are rarely necessary.

Rally your forces near their base and watch, pick your moment, maybe when they leave or one of them enters, then strike.

The Raid

This is the part that most people consider difficult, however with experience, tactics and some knowledge, it is made a lot easier. Get your armed guards at the door; make sure they’re ready before the raid is initiated. Here, you have to refer to your answers from part 1;if the entrance consists of small gaps, potentially where you crouch, and can fit in only 1 man, then skip down to the ‘Raiding a Difficult Base’ section where you can read the guide on raiding a base such as that. But assuming it’s not here’s what you do:

• If there’s a locked door which is keeping you out of the line of fire, simply have an infiltrator pick that first while the others watch your back. When that opens up, move out of sight.
• Have both of your infiltrators simultaneously ingest heroin right next to the entrance, but just out of the line of sight. Then both move into the entrance, have one infiltrator immediately crack the first keypad whilst the other carefully watches the firing ports, gun ready, if they open up the port, the infiltrator who’s guarding the other should immediately open fire and kill the attacker. Both should be safe as you are temporarily invincible due to the heroin. As one heroin runs out, immediately take another.
• As soon as the first keypad is cracked, both move into the next area, be it the central area of the base, as they lacked adequate defence, or the next gate you have to crack a keypad to open. If it is another keypad gate, make sure you both are safe via heroin, take another if you need to, or wait until it runs out then take it, and crack that gate, doing the same as before (one guarding, the other cracking) and you should be fine. Continue this until you reach the central area, your heroin should last as there is a maximum amount of doors a base is allowed to have before a gangster reaches the central area.
• Once you’re past the defences, take another heroin and enter the main chamber, do your best to take out the men that may remain (none may remain if you killed them via their firing ports under the influence of heroin, however if you are certain none are in this room, do not waste any heroin on it. Clear out the room.
• You have now either successfully raided their base, no residents remain and the spoils are yours, or there is one final room, where the residents or their valuables may be hiding. If so, crack the door, take your final heroin and clear it out. Remember to buy some health when you’re done, otherwise your exit may be compromised by wandering CP who see you sprinting with a printer whilst on 1 HP.

Raiding a difficult base

Essentially the same tactics apply, but you don’t do it in pairs.

• Pick the first locked door if it exists, have your infiltrators hide and take a heroin each, at the first gate, one can still watch the others back and monitor the firing port and shoot attackers, whilst remaining safe due to heroin.
• As the first keypad is cracked and the gate opens, have the first infiltrator move into the second gated area, and the other move into the first, where the first infiltrator was previously. Each should top up their god mode as it runs out by taking heroin, and simultaneously crack the keypad they’re faced with, this means that as one man moves up, so does the other. As they keypad is attached, immediately switch to your gun and watch the firing ports, attack if they open them, if not, just wait until the crack is complete.
• Repeat this until the first man enters the central area, takes heroin and attempts to clear it out, eventually the second infiltrator will arrive, and provide support if there’s still a fire fight.
• Once again, you’ve either finished raiding or they’re all sat in one final room. The same tactics apply now, either buy health and take home your spoils, or pick the locked door or crack the keypad, take heroin and clear out the room, finally stamping them out.

Although with enough heroin, these tactics are almost guaranteed to work, in bases that can allow 2 men in the same area at once, it is not required, as one can crack and the other defend, however this makes you very vulnerable so it is definitely recommended, the effect of heroin does not last very long, be cautious to continue taking it as it runs out, or take it all at once for a long lasting effect, but bear in mind your pocket has a limit so make sure your pocket is reserved for heroin before the raid. You should also bear in mind that if this is a very, very simplistic base or gun store, none of this is needed at all, you can simply wait until they leave and just break in, or just have 2 armed men force their way in, and if the owner of the store or base has incredibly poor defences, that will be enough, just crack the gate, move in and shoot the place up.

This may seem lengthy, but if you follow it, and remain level headed, before, during and after a raid, you'll succeed.

[Note: I know Uber started his guide, but I asked him and he said I can do mine as he abandoned his so we are considering combining them.]

Last edited by Frost on Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:45 am, edited 15 times in total.

Profile Chat  
O.P  
United Kingdom Westi
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:27 pm 
Banned
respected.png
750 posts +
Show user details
Unknown Unknown

CURRENTLY SERVER BANNED

Finland Foxtrawt
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:33 pm 
Foxtrawt
level4.png
250 posts +
Show user details
Unknown Unknown
Westi wrote:

Tofty1996 wrote:
[Note: I know Uber started his guide, but I asked him and he said I can do mine as he abandoned his so we are considering combining them, I also just need to add some pictures.]

Nice guide Blackadder. :3

United States Soldier8D
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:37 pm 
respected.png
750 posts +
Show user details
Unknown Unknown

CURRENTLY SERVER BANNED
1 person liked this: Tofty1996
If this gets completed, post the link in the Fading Door abuse thread. Hopefully this can sway some nay-sayers.

United Kingdom Cobra HJR
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:49 pm 
respected.png
Featured Articles: 1 1000 posts +
Show user details
Unknown Unknown
Nice guide Blackadder, make sure you add those pictures and try to make the titles stand out a bit more with colours and such. (although you're probably focusing on finishing the main rather than the final details at the moment c:)

United Kingdom Tofty1996
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:50 pm 
respected.png
Show user details
Unknown Unknown
Yeah, most of the main section is done, there'll just be a few points I forgot to mention and such, but I said to Foxtrawt I'd add colours and whatnot. Also Westi, it says at the bottom of my guide about Uber, and if you read Uber's, he edited the bottom of his.

Believe everything, question nothing.

Profile Chat  
O.P  
United States Officerben17
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:52 pm 
respected.png
250 posts +
Show user details
Male Plays Gmod
Unknown Unknown
Westi wrote:

You fail.

Also, awesome guide.

Profile Chat  

Denmark Kodiak
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:22 am 
respected.png
250 posts +
Show user details
Unknown Unknown
I like this; great guide!

Profile Chat  

United States SpareChangeForHobos
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:34 am 
respected.png
Show user details
Male Plays Gmod
Unknown Unknown
Great Guide Blackadder. And that is a nice ass of mine.

Profile Chat  

United Kingdom Tofty1996
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:04 pm 
respected.png
Show user details
Unknown Unknown
This article is now completed, if Frost could take a look at it please? Thank you.

Believe everything, question nothing.

Profile Chat  
O.P  
 Frost
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:49 am 
Frost
level4.png
Administrator Global Moderator 1000 posts +
Show user details
Unknown Unknown
1 person liked this: Cobra HJR
Your article has been featured!

United States unclesam
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:12 am 
respected.png
Show user details
None specified
Unknown Unknown
:clap: Bravo Bravo! This guide has helped me a lot. thank you! :mrgreen:

Profile Chat  

United States Dat_Pancake_Mix_
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:55 pm 
respected.png
Show user details
None specified Plays Gmod
Unknown Unknown
:D me and Black wer basing ther printing...
liek a bawsss

Profile Chat  

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ]